What is An Inmate Search?
When you use our website, Check People, we're able to help you search for an inmate using their name and using their location. It's going to be the simplest way to check and see if someone is an inmate. This can be whether they are a family member of yours, whether they are someone you simply know, whether they are a celebrity or many other types of people that might have caught your attention. The only thing you're going to need is their first name and their last name.
Of course, this can give you a lot of results, and you may want to narrow it down, especially if the person you're checking up on has a name that's pretty common. Having their location can be a big help in helping us help you find the right person. Here at Check People, we even allow you to use our reverse phone number tool if you have a phone number you think might be helpful. This can really help us find exactly who you are looking for! You can check on people in any state using Check People.
Benefits of Doing an Inmate Search?
There are many reasons that you might want to consider doing an inmate search using Check People. One of the first reasons is peace of mind. If you want to know that someone is locked up and serving their time, we can help you find that out. Sometimes knowing this information can help you sleep easier at night, and that's something we want to be able to do.
Of course, you might also just have some genuine curiosity about where someone in your life has ended up. If a friend or family member was found guilty of a crime, you might want to know where they're serving their time at. An inmate search is great for providing you that kind of information. We can also provide you with other information, such as their inmate number. If it's someone you care about, this can be wonderful because you can do things like adding some money onto their commissary so they can buy snacks or other miscellaneous items. Of course, knowing the history of the person is going to be really helpful in deciding whether or not you really want to send them gifts, money, or even a letter!
Why Should You Use Check People?
If you have found yourself in the position of needing to do an inmate search, there are numerous routes that you can start with. The most obvious one of these routes is doing something like going through a courthouse or even paying a visit to the police station. You might also be able to go to the specific county they were found guilty in and try and look it up on the county sheriff's website. Unfortunately, sometimes these methods just don't work. Maybe they're not giving you the answers that you want, they haven't been updated, or they cost you money that you don't want to spend. That's when you turn to the Internet for the information you're seeking.
There are so many different inmates searches out there that you could try using. Some of them resemble the others so much that it's difficult to even tell the difference! However, the most important thing you're going to want to take into account is accurate. If you're looking up something as important as whether someone's in prison, and where they're in prison you're going to want to use a site that prides itself on accuracy.
Check People is one of the most popular and accurate ways to help you in your quest to find an inmate. With Check People, we are committed to providing the best. We will swiftly run through the state, county, and then federal courthouses so that we can gather as much as and as recent information as we can. When we do this, we are going through billions of documents that are online so that we can locate just what you are searching for. Other websites and online inmate searches are never going to be as accurate and they might charge you for this service, which we believe is something you should get for free.
So, using Check People is a great way to make sure that the information that you're getting is accurate and helpful. We want you to be able to rest easy knowing that we've done everything we can to help you in your search.
What Will an Inmate Search Show Me?
On Check People, we're going to show you just about anything you might be looking for – and some things that you might not have realized that you needed to know. We will use the following things in order to help locate the inmate you're looking for:
- We will use criminal records for a start. This is going to be a great help, as inmates typically have these kinds of records on file somewhere. It will date back throughout their entire adult life.
- Next, we will use civil records. We can find out if this person has acted in ways that aren't just criminal, but civil as well. Things like issues with their family members, whether they've had custody battles… well, this gives a great amount of information about their personality and whether they are responsible.
- We will go through bankruptcies. If someone has a bankruptcy on file, this can tell you a lot about their lifestyle.
- We will make use of any lawsuits that are on the web.
- We'll check out any liens your inmate name might have.
- We'll go through arrest reports. Again, this can be very helpful in finding your inmate because if they've been arrested, there has to be some kind of report on file. It can also set your mind at ease knowing exactly what they were arrested for.
- Traffic reports will be checked.
- Finally, we'll use phonebook listings. If you have a phone number for your inmate already, you can use our reverse phone number tool to make sure we're finding the right person.
Using all of these different sources, we are going to find the inmate that's being searched for. From this, you're going to be able to learn a lot about this particular person, the sentence that they've been given, and any criminal history they might have. Since we pride ourselves on being able to provide a lot of information using Check People, we've compiled a list of things you might find if you're searching for an inmate in the United States:
- You can find out their contact information. This can be very helpful if you're hoping to get in touch with an inmate.
- We'll provide their sex offender status. You'll be able to know if you're children are safe around this inmate! You may not want to stay in touch with someone after finding out that they're a registered sex offender, after all.
- We'll give you their full name. This helps ensure that we've definitely found the right person.
- You'll get their traffic records. Who knows that Aunt Bertha was such a speeder?
- You'll get their criminal records. This is important too! You need to know what kind of person you're dealing with. Knowing this kind of information will help you make decisions about this inmate. Did they make a single mistake, or do they have a lot of reoccurring problems?
- You'll find out their immediate and their distant relatives.
- You'll find out their current and prior addresses.
- You'll have access to their social media accounts if they have any. This can help you decide if they're being honest about who they are.
- Marriage and divorce records will be shown.
- You'll see any online dating accounts they might have.
With all of this information, you're going to be able to keep yourself a lot safer. Plenty of people will use this kind of information before going out on a date, just to make sure they're safe or find out whether or not they have some kind of criminal record. Along the same lines, if you've just moved to a new place, you can make sure that none of your brand-new neighbors are registered as sex offenders. This can help you feel safer, and make sure that your family and children are safe as well. Of course, you should always use the information that you get in a safe and legal manner.
Is It Legal?
Some people wonder about whether or not it's completely safe and legal to check up on an inmate, wherever they're located. Don't worry, though: it's completely legal! The Freedom of Information Act allows anyone that's part of the public to have access to this detailed information, including criminal records, arrest records, whether or not someone is a sex offender, and any amount of other information that was listed above.
Check People is actually regulated and protected under something that's called the Fair Credit and Reporting Act. This act is what allows people to access public records which can be used for many things. It can be used for potential employers, future landlords, and finding out whether or not someone can be approved or things like loans and insurances.
You might be worried about how the other person might feel about you checking up on them using the inmate search. When you use Check People, there's absolutely no need to worry, though. The person who is being looked up will never even know you did it! It's completely anonymous. This is for your safety and the safety of your family. It is a completely private search and that person will have no access to it.
To Sum It Up
Now that you've finished reading through this article, you should know what is used when you complete an inmate search using Check People. You can learn a plethora of information about whether or not someone is an inmate. That's not the only thing you've learned though: there is a ton of stuff available that might have helped you, like marriage and divorce records, and whether or not someone is a sex offender.
Make sure that you use this newly acquired information legally and safely. It can help you rest better at night, and that is what is important to us here at Check People. Don't forget that it is completely anonymous, so you never have to worry about someone finding out that you did a complete search on them. We hope you found everything you were hoping to find and can now relax a little with this new information!
Search An Inmate By State
If you know what state the inmate is located in, you can narrow down your search with CheckPeople. Our state-level inmate search will help you find what you are looking for quicker. Start by choosing the state you want to search in below: